Wahoo! It's Friday! Did this week fly by for anyone else? Hard to believe another week is done, and March has already begun! And even though my schedule is not regular or consistent like most people's, I still get excited for Fridays...so excited that a Friday dance is in order:

NewImage

(source)

Doesn't that just make you smile?! :D I love it - and the beauties found on Pinterest (I'm new to the game and would love a follow if you're on the site too!).

Yesterday I talked about my new challenge for the month of March to go dairy-free, and today I'm wondering how difficult this will be because I really don't have much dairy in my diet. I had to say no ice cream tonight but that's just good for my body anyway. ;) We'll see how it goes! But in the spirit of food I thought I'd post the recent pictures found on my phone and camera to give you a snapshot of my meals from the week (and stay tuned for a workout at the end of the post!).

IMG 20120228 01189

A delish salad, roasted potatoes & veggie + chicken kabobs at our friends' Emily & Jeff's place. YUM.

IMG 20120228 01188

Fried egg with gobs of spinach, avocado and hummus on a whole wheat English muffin for breakfast, eaten before heading into a client's house!

IMG 20120224 01176

Roasted broccoli with olive oil and lemon - the only way I eat broccoli! - in our turbo cooker.

IMG 20120225 01181

A little guy of chocolate milk post Monday's 12.4 miler.

IMG 20120224 01174

A mix of eats (before going dairy-free!) at last week's survivorship seminar at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre - healthy snacks that served as lunch for that day!

IMG 0018

My first odd mix of the Thursday's eats: quinoa, cherry tomatoes, edamame, corn, peas and leftover "Hail to the Kale" salad from the store stirfried together with some teriyaki sauce. ...Mikey even liked it! ;)

IMG 0019

Thursday's dinner: pinto beans, homemade hummus, roasted potatoes and roasted broccoli with a small glass of red wine. I actually loved this weird mix of food last night!

Overall, it's been a pretty good week of clean eating! There have been, of course, too many handfuls of cereal from the pantry in between meals (the biggest thing I'm working on; didn't have any Thursday and so far today!) and there were those two little baby cupcakes leftover from our curling event one night...but overall it's been a week full of tea, clean eats, and occasional sweets.

There are some other recipes I'd love to try out over the next few weeks that I've pinned on my "Real Foods" board - check them out for some links to healthy, delicious meals, snacks and desserts!

Feels good! Deciding (not hoping or trying) to keep this momentum going through the weekend. It just feels better to fuel well and treat your body with care so you can go out and live life harder!

Got any tasty recipes of your own or pins to share? I'd love to try something else with kale out this weekend...Maybe this tasty looking meal my clients made from Bob Harper after I posted his video on my FB page!

Have a great Friday and if you're looking for a quick way to get your sweat on before the weekend begins, give this workout a whirl that I based off yesterday's BodyRock workout:

Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz003

All you need is a pair of dumbbells and a kettlebell (or you can swing a sandbag or heavier dumbbell) for the workout. Let me know if you give it a shot and if there are any moves that are unclear, YouTube them and give.it.your.all! You have to make those 18 minutes COUNT!

Live well & be well friends,

Bonnie

IMG 0021

16 Comments
  1. March 2, 2012 at 07:40

Hey Bonnie! I'm dairy free this month too (doctor's orders though). :) Um.... What is that turbo cooker? I need to know about it. Oh Pinterest. That site scares me. I'll have to find you in there. All your eats look delicious. Let's meet for lunch, shall we? He he. Hope you have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend.

• March 2, 2012 at 23:22

Happy weekend to you too, friend! ...hope it's a good one for your stomach. ;)

2. March 2, 2012 at 14:26

I seriously considered starting running when I read all the research on CHOC MILK as recovery. then I remembered I could drink it anyway :-) now I need another reason to git to the RUN! xo

• March 2, 2012 at 23:18

haha I love this, MizFit! :D I can give you some reasons to run if you want some...but I guess they're kinda personal - not everyone would agree. ;) LOVE the accomplishment I feel post-run - so different than after a weights workout (although I love those too).

3. March 2, 2012 at 15:13

I have never heard of a turbo cooker before... it is like a pressure cooker on steroids? That looks like an awesome workout! I just did the March 1st Body Rock workout this morning and I was sweating hard. Love those guys.

• March 2, 2012 at 23:17

Yes, I think it is like a pressure cooker on steroids...it's called Turbo (something?) and it cooks things really fast under high temperatures...we got it as a gift a year ago and only just started using it - I love it for roasting veggies FAST! :D Loved that BodyRock workout you referenced - pretty sure that's the one I based this one off of! :D

• March 2, 2012 at 23:16

Awesome, Lindsay! Let me know what you think of the workout!

4. March 2, 2012 at 18:01

I thnk the ice cream would be the biggest adjustment I would have to make with no dairy. And Chobani. I love that stuff. Anyways, great looking burner. I'm sweating just thinking about it!

• March 2, 2012 at 23:14

Ice cream, yes. ;) Chobani - it's not in Calgary yet! I'm sure if I had some it would put my Greek yogurt to shame and I wouldn't be as down for this challenge. lol!

• March 2, 2012 at 23:13

Awesome, Lindsay! Glad you're down for it! ...thanks for the pin, too!

5. March 2, 2012 at 21:38

wow, what good eats, Bonnie!! They all look SO good.. and I don't think any of them are weird combinations lol. Hope you and Mikey have a GREAT weekend!

6. March 3, 2012 at 01:21

These do look like some nice clean-eating meals! I totally support your going dairy-free. I used to eat a LOT of cheese, but now I limit my dairy consumption to once or twice a week at most, with the exception of Greek yogurt, which is a staple for breakfast :)

7. March 4, 2012 at 15:59

Nice pic at the end of the post! Your nose ring is SO cute, I am jealous that you can pull that off, love it. That workout looks like a toughie! I love fast and dirty workouts. Get me sweaty ASAP so I can get out of the gym, right? Ha! The last meal with the pinto beans and hummus has me drooling! Yum, I love meals like that. The vino too!