Matt in 3 words: Charismatic Fun Intentional.
Hailing originally from Medicine Hat, I came to Calgary to study Kinesiology and to train on the High Performance whitewater slalom kayaking team. In my third year of kinesiology, I was diagnosed with 2 separate brain tumors. After this kick in the pants, it was clear to me that I needed more direction in my life. So I hopped on the nursing bandwagon. I now work as registered nurse, and hope to pass on any iota of empathy I can towards my patients. The great outdoors holds a big place in my heart, and I’m very much looking forward to adventuring with everyone!
1) What’s your favorite ’90s jam? I was in love with Blink 182
2)What is your favourite outdoor activity? Cross Country skiing!
3) What is the longest road trip you have ever done? 2 weeks, climbing in joshua tree and driving the coast of California is a “Jucy” van rental
4) What were you like in high school? I took french immersion and was a generally quiet kid
5) What are you known for? My amazingly hilarious pun jokes.
6)Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman? Easy. Spiderman. In the comics, Spiderman once made a boat with a working engine out of web. Batman wouldn’t stand a chance.
7) You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? I’d be any color, as long as I’m sharp
8) What do you want to be when you grow up? I think I’d like to be a professional bed tester. Haha, I’m lying